Tuesday, July 7, 2009

What's Going on in Our Lives?

So it's been over a month since we last posted and updated everyone on what is going on in our lives, so I will try to update everyone. We do have pictures but they are either on the other computer or on Neil's phone, so no pictures with this post, but hopefully next time.

June started off with Neil and mine's third anniversary, yes we have been married for three whole years. We didn't do a whole lot for our anniversary because we were planning on going down to Manti to do a session there because that's where we got married. But Neil did get me breakfast and roses, which was really sweet because we told each other we weren't going to get each other something for our anniversary. I still can't believe it's been three years. I wouldn't trade them for anything. We've been through so much together, and I can't wait to go through more with Neil. Manti was wonderful. I've never done a live session before so to be able to do that was amazing, we're already planning our next trip down there.

After our anniversary it was time for me to try artificial insemination. I was nervous to say the least, not really because I didn't know anything really about the procedure, but I was preparing myself for the roller coaster of emotions that were about to ensue. Well artificial insemination didn't work...this time. And sure enough it was a roller coaster ride. Excitement, anger, frustration, sadness, worry, etc. all came to visit me, and sometimes all in the same day. I found out for sure on June 24th that I am not pregnant, I cried for a few good hours that day. But all is well and we'll keep trying until something works.

Emma's been loving summer. All we do lately is play outside with all the neighbor kids. I actually love being out there too, it's so relaxing...most of the time. I don't want winter to ever come back, there is so much more to do during summer. Emma has been little miss chatter box lately, I can't get her to be quiet for more than a few minutes, but I love hearing her talk and tell me step-by-step what happened during her day. She's so fun.

The fourth of July was fun this year because Emma was so animated about the fireworks. She kept saying, "WOW!", "MOMMY! FIREWORTS!!!", and she couldn't stop laughing every time one would go off. I was just glad she wasn't scared of them.

Well that's pretty much the low-down of our lives so far this summer. I don't ever want it to end, but on the same note I can't wait to start school again, I'm missing it so much. I'm trying to enjoy every day though. Neil's been sleeping through most of the summer. I feel bad for him and I know he hates it too. This too shall pass.

No comments: