Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Barack's our New President...

I just finished listening to President Obama being sworn into the presidency. I'm not the type to really get caught up in politics so I won't say much, except that his speech was very eloquent, but I've always thought that (still doesn't change how I feel about him). I will show him respect, because he is now our president and deserves our respect, whether you agree with him or not. I didn't get to watch the invocation, but I did see the benediction and it was very interesting to say the least. It made me so happy to be a member of the Chruch of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, where I get teary eyed when my little two-year old daughter says the sweetest and simplest of prayers, where you don't have to write out a pray, like you would a talk, because the spirit directs you in what to say, where you don't feel like you need to make people laugh in the middle of a prayer (is that respectful of the Lord?), where people fold their arms and close their eyes instead of talking and not even paying attention to what is being said. I didn't feel any type of spirit while listening to that prayer, didn't seem like a prayer at all, just a talk that was written out and rehearsed over and over again. I'm so glad my parents taught me how to pray so I can feel the spirit whenever I pray.

2 comments:

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

12:30! WOW! That never happens in our house even if Lukas is sick. Were you worried. I would have woke up Lukas because I would have wondered if something was wrong.

fasdfasdsadf said...

hey! Thanks for offering your help that is so sweet, and actually my mom has been here helping me since tuesday but is going home tommorrow and boone will be gone and I was thinking if you could maybe let the relief society president know I had a baby and maybe some people could bring us dinner next week that would be helpful. We have only been to our ward three times! So I dunno if anyone knows we had the baby. If not that is okay, we are doing good and you should come visit sometime. :)