Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Good day for math!


Well, I just thought i would let everyone know that i won the factoring bee at UVU. I got first place along with a cash prize. It was pretty cool. I wasn't even intending to win, just doing it for the extra credit in math. The problem i won on was as follows:

(27x^3-1)

and since i remembered the following formula, (a^3 + b^3) = (a + b)(a^2 – ab + b^2), I was able to solve the problem. It was cool. I am glad too, because I think this is just about the first anything that i have ever won (aside from various awards and stuff in school, church and what not). To be more specific, the first competition I've gotten first in.

Anyways...

2 comments:

Audrey Earl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LightofChrist02 said...

Ok you do not know me but I saw your youtube video and you talked about your blog and I was like, I HAVE TO SEE THAT! So I looked. Emma is way cute and I love the name. Anyway about the math!
Man you are good. Math is my worst subject. You said you were not even trying to win but you tried anyway. I think that shows us that all we have to do is try. That is way cool!