Monday, February 25, 2013

One year older and wiser, too.

It's that time of year again, the time where my mind wanders back six years now and reminisces on the fact that six whole years ago today my life changed more than I could have ever imagined. My Emma Lou came into the world like a hurricane. If I would have known then what I know now, I would have known that her personality wouldn't allow for her to come into this world any other way but loud, dramatic, and something I could never forget.

Today is a day where six years ago seems like it was literally yesterday. All the same feelings and emotions surface. My heart is full today. I am so grateful, grateful for the priesthood, because I know if it weren't for the power of the priesthood my Emma wouldn't be here today, playing hide-and-seek with her sister while Taylor Swift is blasting in the background. I'm also indescribably grateful for modern medicine, she wouldn't have made it any other way. I'm grateful that these two things came together to save my baby girl's life. For without her in it, I couldn't imagine a life worth living.

Emma has grown up and changed so much in the past year. She is an amazing reader, and loves to read scriptures every night. She still loves to play the violin and is absolutely amazing at it. She is the most loving, tenderhearted little girl I know. She is always looking out for her sister and brother and making sure they are taken care of.

Emma is my firstborn, and as such we have gone through many firsts together over the last six years. But she has been patient with me, she has forgiven my shortcomings and allowed for me to learn and grow with her. There are so many more scary firsts that I see in the coming years, and I hope she can remain patient while we navigate the unknown together.

Thank you, Emma. Thank you for making me a mom. Thank you for giving me the best six years I could ask for. Thank you for choosing me to spend eternity with. Happy Birthday baby girl.
















No comments: