Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Blessing

We finally blessed Claire on June 20. It was a wonderful day and Claire looked absolutely beautiful, as usual. We waited so long because we were waiting for my little brother, Case, to become an elder so he could stand in the circle.

I'm so thankful the the wonderful family and friends we have and for everyone that came. It meant a lot to have everyone there. But I will say that I missed my grandma and grandpa Spanos way too much. They are on a mission in Malaysia and will be home in two weeks and one day, according to my ever vigilant mother. Neil did a wonderful job and his blessing was beautiful.

I'm so happy to have Claire in my life. After waiting so long for her and after wanting her so badly it's an amazing feeling to hold her in my arms and know she's all mine. The greatest thing in the world is the opportunity to be a mother. You never really realize how much having children will change your life until you have a child of your own, and it's so life altering that is throws me for loop after loop. You can never imagine how much love one person could have until your children come into this world. Love isn't a good enough word for how you feel, actually there's no word in the English dictionary that can describe the feeling a mother has for her children. I don't just love my girls, I adore them, I look up to them, I worry for them, I'm marveled by them, their pain is my pain. I love my girly girls.




Her dress was absolutely beautiful.


Oh, and FYI Utah stores that sell blessing dresses...this isn't 1980, please update your styles and get some decent dresses. I got this dress online and am so grateful I did.

No comments: