Saturday, September 10, 2011

A Big Fat No

That's what the pregnancy test told me when I nicely asked it if I was indeed pregnant. Nada. It's weird because this month I was okay with it...somewhat. I had a feeling before we even started that this month wasn't the month for me. I think that was one of Heavenly Father's tender mercies for me in my time of need, you know, to let me know and have time to accept the fact that I'm not pregnant before the dreaded negative comes. I didn't even cry when I found out, I almost did a few times, but I didn't. I was proud of myself. I've honestly had many feelings about this process, most of which are too personal to share, but I've known that this process is going to take longer than I want it to take, and other little intuitions. I'm thankful for those, they let me know that my loving Heavenly Father is still guiding me through this. He's still listening to my pleas, and that he still loves me.

Now Neil and I have had multiple talks about where to go if this did happen, what our choices are and what we want to do next. We've researched everything IVF entails and have decided that, at least for right now, that's not the best option for us. With me in school and juggling everything else we're juggling, I honestly don't think we could do it and stay sain. So, with that being said, we're going to do the injectable meds. We start the whole process on Monday morning. I don't know what it all entails, so I'm a little nervous about the whole process. All The nurse said was you do multiple ultrasounds and daily injections until you're ready for insemination. Sounds so pleasant, right? Yeah, I don't think so either. I have to keep my eye on the end product...another precious baby. Neil and I have decided that we will do this for one, maybe two months and then go from there. But I don't want to think about that. Let's just hope this month works. Think happy thoughts...

3 comments:

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

Hang in there. Infertility is a long yucky road! I know! Injectebles is the same meds that are used in IVF I think they don't give you as high of a dose though. This is why it is so uncontrolled because you can ovulate a TON! The fun part is you get the injectables in the tummy

Nick and Amera said...

YOu know im just next door if you need anything!! Im happy to listen, cry and even watch your girls if its just getting to be too much on any given day! Love you oooodles and am here for you guys! I dont know how you sleep at night wtih a Trianchula living in your garage as your newest member of your family!!!!! Nick said, that thing better not turn up missing!!!!!!!!

Kelli said...

Ali, I am so sorry to hear about your news. Know that I am thinking about you and praying for you. It makes my heart feel very full knowing that you can see the tender mercies through this. That is one of the greatest blessings in this life. I know that when we face trials like this, Heavenly Father is very much aware and blesses us with those tender mercies to comfort our crying and heavy hearts. Good luck with the injections. Call me if you have questions about any of it. In all honesty having the shots in the belly is a lot less painful than the inter-muscular ones. If you need me to watch your girls while you go to SLC, please call. Good luck.